Frequently Asked Questions!
Can you build during winter months?
Do you rent moving equipment?
Yes! We have a vast inventory of Book carts, totes and tote dollies.
How do I pack for our move?
- Staff are to take home all personally owned items prior to the move
- All loose items are to be packed into totes or boxes, or must be placed on a book-cart shelf
- All lateral file drawers must be emptied prior to the move
- Contents of each tote or box must not exceed 50 lbs
- Items that are packed in client owned bins or containers may remain there
- All items to be handled by VSI must be labeled with their destination
– VSI Labels are required for VSI rental equipment
– Label with name and room/cubicle number
– If item is to be disposed of, label as TRASH
Place labels on the short side of boxes & totes so that they may be read while stacked.
Keep packed materials clear of entryways & walkways.
Special Instructions for Totes:
- Totes may be stacked (4) high on the tote dollies
- Do not lift filled totes
– Place empty tote on dolly
– Fill and close tote
– Place another empty tote on top and continue process
- Please place labels in indicated area on end of each tote
- File Rails for use with hanging files are located in channels on tote lids
- Please remove labels and replace file rails before returning
VSI is unable to handle the following items:
- Special disposal items
- Leased items
- Re-hanging pictures
- Appliance moves
- Electrical connections